Monday, July 21, 2008

Hey, finishing with Riga today :)

Some final shots and some info below.

St.Peter`s cathedral in the centre (the one which I liked the most).


Other cathedrals changing the scenery.

The Independence statue, built in 1935 or so (the German style lady holding three golden stars)

Older, newer, from wood or stone...









One of my hostels (in the middle)

* Russian citizens need the Shengen visa to enter Latvia, which of course is fair enough as we are different states now, but to be honest I always dream of a more free world. Luckily (for everybody) I still have my French Shengen, so here we are, no consular worries!
* It`s challenging to recommend travelling by bus but anyway that`s it - Ecolines. A little bit of traffic jams while in Moscow and nearby, but survivable sixteen hours (sounds crazy now but I wanted that road experience).
* All my three hostels were booked on hostelbookers and hostelworld.

With all my sympathy to Riga and Latvia, with my great kid`s memories and with a newly experienced reality out of the USSR - need to start speaking about something new so moving further...

No comments: