Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello from Riga, Latvia

For four days off caused by the Russian national holiday yesterday I am in Latvia. Arrived yesterday by bus (yes, that was my decision to spend 16 hours in the seating position). Had some intersting time watching my bus "buddies".

Already had a night here in Riga, in the hostel which appeared to be very noisy at night time. Too late for regrets now, anyway a small breakfast has fixed my mood a bit. And actually while booking places to stay from Moscow I was charmed by the variety of hostels` choices (correct, hostels, not hotels). And finally I have three different places for each of my three nights here, which is good because one next can always be better than the previous one. All of them are located in the old town center which makes picturesque surroundings to walk. Old streets are very beautiful here.

Yesterday while walking quite randomly though with the map I bought some local food in the supermarket: cheese with spices, salted fish, yoghurts with some particular local berries, some interesting dessert consisting of rye bread mixture, caramel sauce and whipped cream what sounds unusual but is tasty. All was just jummy.

Ok, need to go now to make my plan for the day.
PS: pictures to be posted later, perhaps from Moscow.

No comments: