Thursday, May 7, 2009

May, Victory Day, Parade, planes, eye-eye

Hello. Lovely sunny spring turning into rainy dull weather. Pretty quite working days, as it is holiday season: May Day, plus Victory day, plus all the weekends in between. Most of the office gone for vacation, generally nice time.

The Radio day today. Russian scientist Popov invented the principles in 1895. “Party” in my apartment today, because both of my landladies were working in “radio” business, like thousands of years ago, what gives them an excuse to celebrate today (they are very good with other excuses, but here is sort of there professional day).

Repetition of the Victory Day parade is in the last stage. This morning the air part was on air. Lots of noise, but quite cheerful. Rainy weather stops that from looking really exciting, but it is still possible to see something on a few pictures of mine. Shot from my antique window-sill, across the rain, with shaking hands, my morning coffee almost spilled. Also with half-working eye-sight, as (too private but why not) there is some problem with my eyes, blue (left) eye turning into red (something with cornea, not infectious and almost gone now, hurray!).

Okay, the pictures.

Going pretty low. Just above the Kremlin Palace (click)

The parade with terrestrial technique, soldiers and all sorts of V.I.P. will be on the Red Square, which is situated along the other wall of the Kremlin territory. Roughly, I am watching the Kremlin wall from the south, and the Red Square is on the east of the Kremlin wall. Location, location…





It`s not fantastic weather today. And though the planes were different and exciting to watch, you can hardly see it, unless you click on the photo – that might give a better view.



I have not won, by the way, whatever was announced in the previous message. There is a theory that the value of participation is the same as of victory. Nomination is definitely better – you are chosen because of yourself, and the final decision has often something to do with politics, strategy and stuff like that. In my case I totally understand that was also my special English. Anyway I am quite pleased with myself. Following the deadline, having the task accomplished, having some will to share – good for me.

No comments: