Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Windows, part 2 (Small update about me)

Have changed my office location. Well, actually almost changed the job – stayed in the same (non-for-profit) company though working for different program now.

The program to which I devoted three years of my one and only life has been finished. It was quite fun – giving grants to Russian youth for implementing all sorts of social projects and useful initiatives for the benefit of their local communities (let`s hope), though finally I was a bit disappointed with the whole idea. It was great enough to visit their towns - all over Russia, from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok, and the distance between them makes eight-hours time difference by the way. Anyway there was three-year limit from the beginning so no regrets. By the way it was US money to be distributed there which actually added some charm (if not extreme) to the whole thing thinking about some aspects of life in modern Russia. Never done anything wrong but somehow felt a bit questioned at times.

So now it is another story: IT sphere, computers and communication, education for the future; financed by serious business, and me managing the contracts in the middle of that chain going from huge corporation to modest internet centers all over Russia. Not that exciting because reporting grant contracts sometimes reminds living a nightmare (well, that sounds exciting).

Anyway all that gave me the new office space, a bit crowded but with a lovely view from the window. Enjoy! (I like the gate).

The famous Tretyakov Gallery is on your left with its vast collection of art, painting mostly. The nice street full of pedestrians is Lavroushynsky pereoulok (Lavroushynsky lane). It is ended by the Moskva river which you can`t see from here because it`s just a river. And sort of on the horizon you may see one of the Kremlin palaces (there are several of them plus cathedrals on the territory of the Kremlin, I suppose everybody heard the name).

It is the Bolshoy (meaning “Big”) Kremlin Palace, supposed to be the best one. Here are some - interior pictures

And that`s my actual table as it is. (Hey, I`ve just moved in, so... yes, it`s messy).

With the new table I`ve got the map. Don`t know why but I like maps. They are beautiful, according to my taste, though somebody can confirm that I am not the best navigator. I admit I might have some difficulties, while walking or driving, but the thing is - I am where I am right now which proves that finally my navigation is successful enough (can all that be called success?!)) The thing is – I never know how to start and where to go – I perfectly see the map but until you understand the direction… So with all my brisk and confident walk I always start in the wrong direction. Actually, and I discovered it recently – I just need to walk in direction opposite to what my feelings tell me. Perhaps it`s some sort of topographical (anti)talent.

The picture which you hopefully see on the screen of my desktop was made in Brussels, on the bus stop with busses going to the suburbs with that cinema studio mentioned below.

Need to go now. Au boulot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy ! this palace is just gorgeous !
I am happy for your new job, you have some responsibilities once again. I am dying to start working just to prove myself that I am good for something too :)))

Anyhow, how is it to work close to the previous job? Not too bad?

I like the pic on your pc, but I am not sure I see what it is. Is it a pic taken through the broken glass of a bus stop?? Sorry if I am totally off, but that is what I see.

Have a great day :)
Poka

Emilie

Lana Passey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lana Passey said...

Yes, you`re right - it`s quite a glamorous area, though everything is close - the best/the worst - typical for the capital of contrasts. The good thing - it`s in the city center, which gives an easy access to things. And luckily it`s pretty close to the previous office.

The picture on the screen is not a piece of art but thought it`s a bit funny - yes, a broken glass))) And come on - best Brussels memory! :)

And - trying not being too ceremonial - but you`ll definitely prove what you want!
Bonne journee now :)

PS: the previous comment was deleted because of orthography%))