Monday, August 23, 2010

Random facts

Did you know?

American University (Washington, DC, the one I am in now) currently purchases 5% of its electrcity from a wind farm in West Virginia.

Also, from another paper (it`s Sunday, and I am going through the stuff been collected during the whole week). One of the AU (American University again) dining place has bought a machine to convert used cooking oil into electricity and hot water.

All that goes with regular reminders to recycle, to use reusable coffee cups (I specifically liked the advice to carry one`s own silverware). Reusable bottles, turning off everything when you don`t need it, recycle bins - all that sounds reasonable. Before coming to AU I saw the mentioning that it has the most green campus. Need to check this information though.

PS: ..just trying to keep myself enthusiastic while going through paperwork.

No comments: