Thursday, July 8, 2010

One more lazy update

So the summer is awfully hot, and it is not my exaggeration. Plus 30 in Moscow is just a tiny bit too much. Being in the city or in the undeground, you are just constantly wet. Maybe it is the humidity issue, or the traffic is responsible. Or just the fact that ten percents of the country population lives in one town. Just think about these figures. In fact, it is more than ten percents: something less than 150 millions people in Russia, and ten millions registered in the capital. Believe me, Moscow population is twice as much, because not everybody is registered (me, for example, and as a matter of fact I have completely legal reasons for that; though I just hate the idea of registering citizens in their own country).

But that is not what I was going to share today. I promissed it to be "lazy".

News #1: laziness about searching for my Washington housing. Looks like I will postpone any serious movements and decisions till when I arrive there.

News #2: no laziness with visiting theatres. Just realised that I will be gone for two years, and so actively focusing on one particular Moscow theatre: famous "Sovremennik", my recent personal discovery. It is the so-called "repertoire theatre": with definite troupe of actors and certain repertoir. Such theatres are typical for Russia, though nowadays a lot of private more flexible companies also exist. The name of this one means "Contemporary" (as a noun, a person). The plays there have certain qualities (honesty, civil responsibility, to name a few).

News #3: sort of laziness at work. Closing activities of five years is just not pure fun.

News #4: in the process of solving some medical issues of mine, surprisingly discovered in my body. The good news - as far as doctors say - it is not that bad sad thing. Ladies, visit your mammologist regularly!

News #5: that sounds silly after the previous one, but have almost evacuated books and disks from my rented apartment to my regular address (which is almost the synonym for "the place I was once living, and which I visit once a year now"). One of my dreams is to have a house where I can have my own library and "mediatheque" (don`t know English equivalent).

There was somethng else to tell you about, but I forgot it, my brain melts. I like when it`s hot, but - just for information - the temperature might become survivable something at three at night, not earlier. And not for much later. I know that someone has already invented air conditioners, but that is not the case of my apartment (they are seldom to be installed here, only in more or less posh flats, or in offices).

The main news is that I cannot believe that in less than a month I won`t be in my dear, crazy and beloved Moscow, which I so honestly adore. Like twenty more mornings...

No comments: