Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nine days in Cyprus

Some pictures taken on my beaten camera, in all random:

Cyprus




Real colors



English breakfast in the Indian place, in the center of Cyprus. Three awful pictures (I don`t like to make pictures when eating, so whatever jumped into the camera focus window stays). There also was a nice grilled mushroom on the plate (Portobello or so). I also loved those enameled chairs.


For MG lovers. The beaten Subaru with a proper logo (click to make sure).


For French lovers (*again, sorry for the picture quality).



The old parking meter.


The new EasyHotel. A freshly opened new plastic paradise. I definitely liked the price of staying there. I also stayed two nights sleeping in a car. Or in other apartments on my way.


The parade about something in Larnaka


My hair in hot maritime climate with even some humidity. Can`t do anything about it (not even combing, not even trying).


There is nothing like a cup of tea! Mmm, from such a cup :) (the plaster ad, thanks for appetite). In the apartment where I stayed a night. The kitchen utensils on the table represent my interest in getting the fruit from the tree under my balcony (I failed that time).


But bought them later. Some ancient Greek lady was selling them later from her truck. That was a new fruit for me to taste. In supermarket I saw the name, something like loquat and something in Greek. Looks like an apricot with the bottom like in an apple. With a stone like in a plum, but smoother and often the stone is doubled or even tripled. The pulp is like in a melon, juicy, but not sticky. Sweetish-sourish taste, with some samples being neutral in taste (the price of eating others the best ones). Later I also found an independently growing tree, so got one of my breakfast from there.


And also the way to get some papaya for lunch.


Cyprus is famous for its cats, who are everywhere. Here is the mom.


Typical human question: who is responsible?


Left after the conflict in 70`s.


“My” Nissan Micra. Red number plates mean the car is rented. Driving made my right hand darker than my left one, because of all those consumed sun rays. And yes, they are right-wheeled cars and left-directed roads there (as in UK which colony Cyprus was in the past). And yes, I was trying to change the gear on the automatic car by my left hand as in manual car.


Meal of the day. Bread, veggies and local stuff (dips or spreads: houmous, tharmosalada, tahinisalada).


To be continued…

No comments: