Saturday, March 20, 2010

To France through Lithuania

Bonjour my friends :)

Missing real France for already almost half a year (and that is a lot), decided to go there agaian.

Through Vilnus, which is the capital of Lituania, because it looked better. This time I was not believing in three hours long plane from Moscow to Paris and wanted a longer journey. So I took the train to Vilnus and then a plane to Paris, then, to be honest, also the train to Lille because I wanted it there too.

Never before I slept in a hotel with such a view: the planes, the control tower. Near Vilnus airport.

Lithuanian money. They are part of European Union, but still have there own money, the Lits. I liked the airplane design.

This amount (on the photo) was enough to feed me there with several local cheeses and sweets. Another thing I wanted to do in Vilnus was to visit the Genocide Museum (since 1940 Lithuanians see there history as one year of Soviet occupation, then several years of German occupation, and then four decades of Soviet occupation again). And that was very serious, and I am really impressed, shocked by the facts I have learnt there.

The train to the airport. Tiny little carriage.

Still winter here...
But spring in France!

The flowers! (Lille, north of France)
Green grass and real flowers already! (Lille)
The birds in love! (the Lille Zoo)

The flowers again!

And yes - it is the famous les Champs Elysees with both Russian and French flags. 2010 is the year of France in Russia and the year of Russia in France. What a coincidence! :)

To be continued...

No comments: