Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How many cats?

For half a month I had a chance to change my Moscow location. The friend of mine, the colleague actually, offered me to live in her place while she was in Ireland. So I moved from my tiny room to the whole real separate apartment on Nakhimovsky avenue (*Nakhimov was Russian admiral in the 19th century). It`s also on the south of Moscow, like my place, and there are a lot of sea-region-based names there: the Sevastopol boulevard, the Warm Camp and Southern metro stations etc.

Of course there was some idea there, and that was to take care of her cats, trying to replace the happy owner (happy because of Dublin).


It`s three of them. All three names are ended with softening endings (the Russian thing, special diminishing suffix - you can put it to the end of any name and the name will obtain a nicer kinder meaning :)

Actually they were (well, they are) pretty nice, moderately jovial, quite independent cats preferring to get up at approximately 5am for a small run around the apartment.

Feeding them made me feel very important, refilling all their plates (the whole line of several plates with different cat-food).

One of my supporting friends even gave me the book about how to speak with cats. A bit of theory never hurts.

The apartment was pretty noisy by the way - the big avenue full of cars all 24 hours. Machinery ready to clean the snow, which was late this year. With all my luck their meeting point was below my windows at 2am, and they do make the noise.

My Windows (c), part 3


Other news: the new year`s come, I met it on the Red Square - the best and unique point for that because the main state clocks are there, on one of the Kremlin towers; I also went to Vladimir (my native town) for couple of days; now back to work… Well, today I was going only to tell about the cats and to boast how I managed them :) All is sort of fun, got a minor cold though. Bye now, all the best!

Once again - have a great year!

No comments: